Hello,
Let me introduce myself. I am Kara, I am 41 years old. I am overweight.
I have done every diet imaginable, from Gloria Marshall, Jenny Craig, Dietitions, Nutripaths, Iridology, Weight Watchers, you name it, I've done it. I have been with weight watchers this current time for nearly 3 years, and in that time, I have shed 13 kilos. Yes, it is alot, but this is over 3 years..not nearly as much as I would of liked.
From my weight load, I have health issues. I have had my gall bladder removed. I have an under active thyroid and I have sleep apnoea. And I now have reflux, fabulous!! I also suffer depression, when things get bad, as well as panic and anxiety attacks. What a mess I am.
A couple of weeks ago, after a week of panic attacks and depression, I was at the bottom of the pit, when a friend said to me - had I ever thought of doing gastric banding? I was flabergasted that this person had said this to me, and also upset, but in doing so, she made me think about it, and hence this where my journey begins.
I rang my local hospital, and was informed that they do it there. I was booked into an information evening, and my husband and I went and sussed it out. The next thing, was an appointment with the Dietition and the Clinical Nurse Consultant. That I have done also, and was told that I would have to go on a OptiFast diet 2 weeks before surgery, if I decided to do it. My next step is an appointment with the surgeon on the 1st October. I am looking forward to this.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment